Thursday, October 6, 2011

Having to kill a bug while being independent

This morning I woke up to a huge bug hanging out next to my nightstand.

I immediately got mad at the bug for being so rude to enter my room at this time of the day knowing that I would still be very groggy and slightly confused when seeing it.

After I began to wake up a little bit more and realize that there is actually a bug in my room, I jumped out of bed looking for something to kill it with, all the while saying to myself:

"This is some bullshit. I shouldn't be doing this. Where is a man when I need one."

The blog Sorry, but women are dependent on men states that a reason why women are independent (even if they are in a relationship with a man) is because  they are constantly waiting for their man to abandon them.

I have been told time after time that I have some very strong feminist qualities simply because I am all for independent woman not necessarily needing a man for anything.

Which is why I thought it to be rather funny that as soon as it was time for me to kill the bug myself, I began getting mad at some invisible man for not being there to do it for me.

A dependence on a man could easily get out of hand.

First you need him to just kill a bug, then you need him to give your car a jump, then you need him to decide on what the two of you should eat that night.

That might be taking it a bit far but is it too much to ask for a man to just kill a bug when needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment